People helping people
Sometimes talking to family and friends isn’t enough. You may want to talk to your treatment team who work together to provide care and support for you. The team includes:
- social workers
- counsellor and psychologists
- pastoral care worker, a spiritual adviser or chaplain who can help you explore spiritual concerns.
- Cancer Society support and information services:
- Cancer Connect (peer support by telephone)
- Cancer Information Helpline 0800 CANCER (226 237)
- Support groups and group programmes, for example, ‘Living Well’ offers support and information in group meetings
- Internet support, for example, CancerChat NZ.