How to volunteer
Do you want to volunteer with the Cancer Society?
Phone your local Cancer Society centre to enquire about volunteer opportunities in your region.
- Driving patients to oncology appointments
- Daffodil Day street collections
- Relay For Life committee
- Refreshment volunteer at Christchurch Hospital Oncology Department
- Fundraising events
From there, the volunteer application process may include:
- filling out an application form,
- an invitation to meet and talk about your interests and possible roles,
- a character references and a police check.
All new volunteers coming on board will be introduced to the Cancer Society and how we work. All roles require volunteers to attend an orientation programme and training specific to their role. We also offer an online orientation for some of our roles.