How to volunteer
Do you want to volunteer with the Cancer Society?
Our Volunteers provide vital support to the Cancer Society. Without their commitment, we would not be able to do the work we do in our Communities.
- Driving patients to oncology appointments
- Daffodil Day street collections
- Relay For Life committee
- Refreshment volunteer at Christchurch Hospital Oncology Department
- Fundraising events
Interested in Volunteering? Follow these easy steps.
- Click this link to go to our Volunteer portal.
- View current Volunteer Opportunities
- Create a profile and fill out an online application form
- We will then invite you to meet us for a chat. It’s a chance for you to find out more about the role and the organisation, and for us to get to know you better and how we can best match your skills and interests to our Volunteer opportunities.
All Volunteers will receive an orientation to the Cancer Society and if needed you will also get specific training for your role.
Staff members are always on hand to provide ongoing help and support during your time volunteering with us.
Phone your local Cancer Society centre to enquire about volunteer opportunities in your region.