Living Well Programme
Living Well offers practical ways of living well, building knowledge, self-confidence and self-help skills wherever you are in your cancer journey.
The Living Well programme is offered to:
- Anyone with any type and stage of cancer
- Their family/whanau, partners, carers or friends
Expert speakers talk on cancer-related topics including:
- Understanding what cancer is
- Managing the after-effects of treatment
- Relaxation and stress management
- Personal reactions
- Looking after yourself
- Communicating with your health care team
- Dealing with family stress
- Where to next?
"The Living Well programme was something we could all do as a family and helped us all in different ways". Paula
Our Living Well programmes:
- Are free
- Are held in small groups
- Have trained facilitators
One of the most valuable things about the Living Well programme is the contact you have with the other people in the group who are going through similar experiences to yourself.
"Living Well has given us a special group of people where we can be honest and frank about what's going on, and feel supported." Ursula
Check back for the next workshop in 2019
Phone your local Cancer Society, or the Cancer Information Helpline 0800 CANCER (226 237)